REMEMBER . . . WHILE AT THE UNIVERSITY
Dial 13 for any emergency,
Dial 53333 for any non-emergency,
Pick up a Blue Light Emergency Phone, or
Dial #413 from AT&T or Verizon cell phones
From any cellular telephone, dial 585-275-3333
"Help Us Help You"
- Stay aware of your surroundings & keep alert to the activity around you.
- Look confident and keep your head up. Walk with a purpose. Make eye contact with people you pass by.
- Walk with a friend or travel in groups whenever possible.
- Avoid carrying large sums of money or too many credit cards.
- Walk along well lighted, more frequently used pathways.
- Note the locations of safe havens in your travels to which you can go (stores, restaurants, offices and the like).
- Have keys (or ID card) ready when approaching your residence or car.
- Personal safety escorts are available from Security by calling x53333, or use one of the many Blue Light Emergency Phones located throughout campus.
- When shopping, don't burden yourself with excess packages. Watch for strangers loitering in parking lots. Store purchases out of sight in vehicles. At night, park in well lighted areas.
- Lock your room or office every time you leave, even if for "just a minute."
- Don't leave personal belongings unattended.
- Don't let a stranger into your residence hall or apartment building.
- Remember to buckle up while driving, and please, don't drink and drive.
- IMMEDIATELY notify Security if you see any suspicious activity, or anything else that appears to be unusual or out of place. Dial 13 from any University phone or pick up a Blue Light Emergency Phone.
- When elsewhere in the Rochester area, call the police at 911.
Click here to e-mail us
Maintained by University Security Services